IRB Barcelona seeks a Functional Genomics Core Facility (FGC) Manager. This is a great opportunity for research-oriented managers who are motivated to enlarge the services that are currently offered by the FGC, a scientific facility that provides the research community at IRB Barcelona with cutting-edge techniques, including tools for genomic analysis and alterations of gene expression.
Candidates for this post must be willing to tackle the challenges of a highly dynamic platform, which involve managing its growth, increasing the number of technical approaches offered, ensuring an equipment upgrade, and proactively building new professional networks. The FGC’s main mission is to provide support to the IRB Barcelona research community; however, other activities include the promotion of synergies and collaborations at the local, national and particularly at the international levels.
- To be in charge of the scientific management of the services and projects undertaken in the facility.
- Responsibilities include overseeing and developing services,
- Coordinating staff conducting the service projects,
- Interpreting and communicating results, as well as developing technology and participating in the implementation of novel processes and procedures.
- To be involved in the strategic planning of new developments based on the needs of the institute’s research community.