We are looking for an enthusiastic Grants Specialist to join the team of the Grants Office.
Reporting to the Head of Grants Office, the Grants Specialist proactively assists the CRG community in securing competitive funds for research and other activities related to the institute’s strategic goals, following CRG internal policies and terms and conditions of the funding bodies.
The focus of the position will be on providing support to the CRG faculty in preparing R&D&I proposals in response of competitive calls of national and international funders (mainly private foundations).
The main responsibilities include:
- Identifying suitable funding sources and opportunities for internal dissemination to the CRG community, whilst providing proactive and tailored advice in securing competitive funding for their R&D&I activities,
- Providing professional guidance and full support in preparing R&D&I to competitive calls from most relevant funders of the institute,
- Coordinating the award acceptance process, including the administrative, financial and legal internal review in liaison with the relevant departments and the hand-over of grants to the Funds Managers.
Occasional travelling required.
About the Department
The mission of the Grants Office is to proactively support the CRG community in securing competitive funds for research and institute-related activities, as well as to manage the principal investigators’ core and external funding, in compliance with the terms and conditions of the funding agencies, with an individualized professional support throughout the project life cycle.
The services offered by the Grants Office are:
- to act as a liaison between the CRG community on the one side and the funding agencies or sponsors/donors on the other side,
- to identify and effectively disseminate the most suitable funding opportunities for the CRG community,
- to provide comprehensive support in the preparation and submission of proposals and in grant acceptance,
- to fulfil administrative and reporting requirements of the funding agencies or sponsors/donors for active grants,
- to manage budgets and control competitive and external funds in compliance with the applicable regulations and CRG policies
Who would we like to hire?
- You hold a University degree. A relevant scientific or management degree may be an advantage
- You have a minimum of three-years’ experience in a similar position;
- You have proven experience in managing applications to the major competitive calls from relevant national, regional and international funding bodies in life sciences,
- You are analytical and are an advanced user of MS Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- You speak fluent English, Spanish, and Catalan.
- Initiative: Proactive, multi-tasking and results-oriented.
- Communications: Strong communication skills; written and verbal. Ability to interact with a diverse audience. Organizes workshops and project meetings.
- Planning & Prioritization: Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Teamwork: Ability to work independently as well as being a team player.
- Collaboration: Can work collaboratively under standard and established procedures.
- Interpersonal relations: Able to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external colleagues at all levels.
Desirable but not required
- Previous experience in a life-science environment.
- Previous experience in financial management and reporting of national and international awards may be an advantage.
- Contract duration: 1-year full-time position (option to extend may be considered at the end of the term)
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with CRG’s pay scales.
- Target start date: A.S.A.P
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
We are committed to reconcile a work and family life for our employees and are offering the opportunity to benefit from annual leave, flexible working hours and teleworking.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Gabriele Picarella.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Gabriele Picarella and submitted online through the "Apply" button at this link.