We offer a junior software engineer position to join the software team at Qilimanjaro to provide a Quantum as a Service solution to our clients and researcher teams.
The candidate will join the software team to contribute to the development of the full stack service based on the Qibo open-source framework in each of its layers. From the top-level business applications where researchers can run their experiments with the new algorithms, to the SDK API service where the clients’ systems can connect to send their jobs, and to the lowest level interacting directly with the quantum devices to control and manage them.
- Backend and frontend experience in web service development projects and have worked on databases (SQL, NoSQL, etc.).
- Python packages and libraries development.
- Project management in development environments: GitHub, Visual Code, etc.
- Server environments: minimum knowledge of Unix, bash, etc.
- Deployment: docker/kubernetes deployment, and CI/CD project workflow
- API development and Open API specifications
- Design patterns and code smells
- TDD and testing frameworks
- Restless, curious person with a desire to learn and tolerance of failure
- Social skills and ability to work independently
- At least 2 years of proven experience
- Project examples required, github repository, etc.
- Experience in full-stack development projects with different programming languages (Python, Typescript, React, etc.)
- Wants to assume new challenges where the roadmap is uncertain and changing in a recurrent way
- Comfortable working in a remote environment
- Experience in SLURM job scheduling management
- Knowledge of quantum mechanics and experience programming on quantum computing frameworks (Qibo, Qiskit, Ocean, etc.) is a plus
- Proficiency in English
This position is targeted at highly motivated people who are willing to join a diverse, international environment with strong overlaps between experimental and theoretical physics and engineering.
The position will be carried out at the Qilimanjaro headquarters in the Barcelona area with remote flexibility.
Qilimanjaro Quantum Tech is an inclusive company and an equal opportunity employer. No discrimination will be made on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Interested applicants may submit a letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the form (see "Apply" link).